SOLM Conference 2015: State of Lake Michigan Conference
The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) invites you to the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa near Traverse City, Michigan, for the 2015 State of Lake Michigan and Great Lakes Beach Association Conference. Attendees will hear from top experts in their fields about the current status and science behind Lake Michigan and beach restoration and management. Sessions from previous conferences have included:
- Contaminants and Emerging Chemicals of Concern
- Invasive Species, Food Webs and Lake Michigan Fisheries
- Nutrients and Nuisance Algae
- Climate Change, Great Lakes Water Levels, and Coastal Hazards
- Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development
- Sustainable Harbors, Ports and Marinas
- Lake Michigan Species and Habitat Restoration
- Physical, Hydrological, and Geological Aspects of Great Lakes Beaches
- Epidemiological and Pathogen Occurrence Studies
Optional activities will include field trips, training sessions, and an evening reception. This year’s conference will also showcase The Freshwater Summit, an annual gathering in Traverse City of environmental professionals, scientists, engaged citizens, and government agencies to explore local and regional water issues from a Great Lakes regional
This joint conference will draw together more than 350 resource managers, scientists, elected officials, planners, students, and interested citizens from around Lake Michigan and the Great Lakes. Please join us to strengthen the network of individuals and organizations working to restore, protect, and celebrate these important resources.
More information and a Call for Abstracts will be posted at www.michigan.gov/deqworkshops (select “DEQ Workshops”).